This is an analysis of the poem Ship From The Thames that begins with:
Stay, ship from Thames with fettered sails
in Sydney Cove, this ebb of tide; ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab cdcd abab efefXbaba
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 11010101 01010101 11100001 01011101 01010011 01000111 110100101 01010101 01010101 10110001 11010101 11011111 11010101 11010101 010010101 11010101 01010101 01000101 01010101 01010011
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 142
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ship From The Thames;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.