This is an analysis of the poem Boomerang that begins with:
This piece of hardwood, cunningly shaped,
was curved so evenly while piccaninnies gaped ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaabbcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 010111001 1111001100010 10100111001001 110101001011 11010110101 1110100110111 101010000101 010111010001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 375
- Average number of words per stanza: 69
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Boomerang;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.