This is an analysis of the poem La Fin D'Une Légende that begins with:
Saint Laurent fut un grand martyr.
Les païens le firent rôtir...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXX XaXXXX aXXbXb aXXXXX XXXcXX cXXXXX dXXXXX XXXXXX XXeXXe XXXXdX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011110 110101 111101 11010101 111111110 1111111 11011110 11101111 1101110 11011001 101110111 110010110 1111101 1011000 11100111 11110010 100110 100111010 1111110 1000100 1111100 1110100 11111100 1110011 100110 1111010 111100 10011011 11100100 11110101 1101110 11001100 1101110 111010 1111110 111100 11111111 1111110 11111000 101001101 110101 1100100 10110110 100100 1100111 111110101 11101 11010011 11100111 1011110 11110111 111010 1010111 110011110 1110010 1100110 101110 1101100 11111110 1001000
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 183
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 60
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; le, est are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word et is repeated.
The author used the same word et at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines s is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of La Fin D'Une Légende;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.