This is an analysis of the poem Distique Étrusque that begins with:
Vous saviez, n’est-ce pas ? que jusque
À ces jours-ci, la langue étrusque...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXaXX aX XXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,17,13,2,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011111 111111 1011100 1101110 11111 110010 11010101 11000110 110000100 1101111 110110 1101010 0110110 111011100 111111 111110 111111 11011010 10011110 1001111 11110 11001100 11110 101011000 11011010 1011010 1110111 111010 1110100 1110111 111010110 011010 11110000 0100101 1001110 111100 01110001 0111100 11111100 1110110 1110110 101110 100101111 1111100 01011001 1101110
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 290
- Average number of words per stanza: 52
- Amount of lines: 46
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; nous, les are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words qu, nous are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines re is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Distique Étrusque;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.