This is an analysis of the poem Le Vin De Mon Ami that begins with:
Ah ! sapristi ! le bon vin
D’où qu’il vînt,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXX XabXXX cXdaXe XfXXbX XXXXXc XXXXXX XXXXXX gghXXX XfXXdX eXXXhX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1100011 111 1011111 111001 1111 0110110 0110110 11 10111000 1101010 111 110110 10111011 110 1111011 01111111 110 110001 1110111 101 101011 1001100 1011 1100111 111 11 10111 11110110 110 001011 1110110 100 111110 101010 111 1111111 101110 110 1110010 1101100 110 101100 1100110 10 1101110 10010 100 1101100 111110 111 1111110 11011 111 11111 1101101 100 1110100 1111111 101 101110
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 135
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 60
- Average number of symbols per line: 22 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; il, et are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word est is repeated.
The author used the same word il at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines s, petit are repeated).
The poet repeated the same word e at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase petit connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Le Vin De Mon Ami;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.