This is an analysis of the poem Melpomene that begins with:
The forest bitter, spiky,
no shore breeze, no foothills,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXacde Xdbffgb Xgceebd Xe X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,7,2,1,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101010 111111 01110101 0101100 100101111 1001101 11101 010001 01001101 1110101 1101100 110010110100 10010011010 1111 101001 111 11111 11001 011 01010110 110101 010101100 11010 010110100
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 134
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Melpomene;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.