This is an analysis of the poem Meeting that begins with:
For Michael Hamburger
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a bcd eff gfhag fdhc ije Xfeie jfb Xa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,3,3,5,4,3,5,3,2,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110100 11 1001 010011 1101 0010 0010101 11 011 1101 0100110 11010111 10011 010111 00111 101011001 0011 001010 0101001 0101 10011 0100001 01001 10011101 1111 0010010 00101010 010110100
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 72
- Average number of words per stanza: 13
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 22 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Meeting;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.