This is an analysis of the poem Eastern River that begins with:
Do not look for the stones
in water above the mud,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdbXc ddcaXbeXc aXaeX X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,9,5,1,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101 0100101 0101 11001110 010010 011 0110110101 100111110 001 01001110 11010 01010 010101 010110 01001 10101010 101 1010010010 1111 1110 10101 010110100
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 136
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 23
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Eastern River;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.