This is an analysis of the poem ¡paalam! that begins with:
Matapos ang gayóng mg̃a sálitaa't
matapos pumayag ang mg̃a upahán,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 20,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10011110 1001001110 110101101000 1001101100100 10011111 1010011000 10010011011 1101101110 1011010010 110001110 10100101100 11110100100 1011011110 11011011000 1000011100 1101001100 100100110010 11011011100 11010010100 11101011011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 746
- Average number of words per stanza: 147
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; ang, t, ng are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word matapos is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of ¡paalam!;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.