This is an analysis of the poem Katapusan that begins with:
Ang usapan palá namá'y nábabatyág
ng̃ lunóng babaing nahang̃o sa hirap;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 33,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1100110100 1110100110 1001000101000 111010110 10100110100 110110100100 10001110100 10010011110 111001100100 1000111010 100010010100 1110011100 1011110010 111 1001000 1111 111000 110110101100 11110110010 11010110110 11 10100011110 110100100100 101111011 11011110000 10011110010 110100 11100 1110010100 1100100111110 110100 100110 110010110110 10110011001 11001011010 1111010100 11110110110
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1267
- Average number of words per stanza: 230
- Amount of lines: 39
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; ng, ang, na, sa are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines is repeated).
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Katapusan;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.