This is an analysis of the poem My Country Love that begins with:
If you passed her in your city
You would call her badly dressed, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbXdcd Xeaeafcf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01100110 1110101 10101110 1010101 10101010 1010101 11101010 1110101 00111110 0110101 11111010 0011101 10101110 1010101 11101010 1111111
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 272
- Average number of words per stanza: 52
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her, and are repeated.
The author used the same word if at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of My Country Love;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.