This is an analysis of the poem Bees that begins with:
Velvety ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabcdXXXeXfe XagcdgXXbfdb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,12,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1100 100 01010 1111 101 10010 1100 101 10010 1100 110 10010 1100 100 10010 1111 101 10011 1101 111 10110 1100 101 10010
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 186
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 15 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 2
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Bees;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Norman Rowland Gale
- Analysis of The First Kiss
- Analysis of On Seeing A Train Start For The Seaside
- Analysis of The Decimal Point