This is an analysis of the poem Solen Vel I Sorte Klæder that begins with:
Solen vel i sorte Klæder
Følger os til Korset hen,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXXbbcc XXXXXXXX XXcXdXXX XXXXXXXX aXXXXdXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101111 111101 1110110 101111 110101 110111 1010110 1101110 11111010 011011 11101100 11111 111101 101101 111011 1011101 10111100 11111 1110110 1110111 110111 111011 1110111 111101 1111101 111101 101111 1111111 111111 1110101 1110111 101111 1010101 1111110 1110111 1110100 111011111 1011101 1111101 111111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 227
- Average number of words per stanza: 47
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; gr, de are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word gr is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines le, de are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Solen Vel I Sorte Klæder;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Nicolaj Frederik Severin Grundtvig
- Analysis of I Eder Selv Paaminde
- Analysis of Simon Peders Kald
- Analysis of Sin Eenbaarne Gud Hengivet