This is an analysis of the poem I Eder Selv Paaminde that begins with:
I eder selv paaminde,
Som tugte med Guds Ord,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XaXXXbXb XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110110 11111 111111 111101 111101 110110 111101 110001 11111 10011 11111 111111 110111 110111 110111 110101 110110 110101 11101 11111 111111 111101 111111 111111 1111 11101 111101 11101 11001 11111 11111 11111 1111 111101 11111 110101 110111 110111 111101 110111 111111 11101 11111 110001 110111 110110 110111 101101 110110 111101 11011 1111 11111 11101 111110 110111
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 187
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 62
- Average number of symbols per line: 20 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, og are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i, og are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of I Eder Selv Paaminde;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.