This is an analysis of the poem Soel Gaar Ned I Vester-Hav that begins with:
Soel gaar ned i Vester-Hav,
Kæmpende med Døden,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXaX XXbXaXXb XXXXccXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111101 111 1111001 11101 1110111 111111 1001111 11111 1011100 1011 1011 10110 10111 11111 101101 1011101 1011101 101110 1110111 111010 1011101 1111101 0110110 11111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 207
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 23 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Soel Gaar Ned I Vester-Hav;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.