This is an analysis of the poem Sidder Rolig I Jerusalem that begins with:
Sidder rolig i Jerusalem,
Sagde, Herre, Du til Dine,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXaXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,7,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101010100 110011 111011101 10111 11111101 111110110 110111 10100111 1101111 10010111 101101 1011011 1111011 1111000 111000100 111010 1111111 10011100 11010110 100101010 1111000
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 218
- Average number of words per stanza: 40
- Amount of lines: 23
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sidder Rolig I Jerusalem;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Nicolaj Frederik Severin Grundtvig
- Analysis of Siig Kun Et Ord
- Analysis of Soel Gaar Ned I Vester-Hav
- Analysis of Solen Vel I Sorte Klæder