This is an analysis of the poem Nirvana that begins with:
Divest thyself, O Soul, of vain desire!
Bid hope farewell, dismiss all coward fears; ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaabbX ccdXXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 01101101010 1111011101 11010101001 11110101010 010110010010 1110011010 100100011001 1111110101 1011111101 1111000101 1111011101 0011011100 1101010101 0101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 319
- Average number of words per stanza: 55
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Nirvana;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.