This is an analysis of the poem Nuit that begins with:
The all upholding,
The all enfolding, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXabXXcb aaadccXd dddceeec
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010 01100 01010 1101 01100 01010 01110 1101 11010 11010 10010 1001 110010 11110 11100 1001 01010 10010 01110 1011 100010 11110 11010 1101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 163
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 20 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 3
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; all is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Nuit;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.