This is an analysis of the poem To Be Of Use that begins with:
The people I love the best
jump into work head first...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXaabb aXcd XaXbXa cadaebcXe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,4,6,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101101 100111 01100010 11101111101 110011001100 011101 1011011 1110110011100101 1111010101010 1100110101110 111100101101 1100010101 001110001010 11001110101 1111010011100 11001010 1011101010011 0100101011 101011001 10111011 101110111100 11001111 1010111110010 111101001 0101110010 101011101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 271
- Average number of words per stanza: 53
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; who, to, in, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word who is repeated.
The author used the same word i at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To Be Of Use;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.