This is an analysis of the poem A Work Of Artifice that begins with:
The bonsai tree
in the attractive pot...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXcXdbaaeedfXacefXbceXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 24,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0011 000101 1111011 1010010 11110 10100 10010 001101 100111 101010 01001 00110 001110 01011 110101 0101010 01010 11011010 0111 011 0101 01010 011 101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 512
- Average number of words per stanza: 96
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 20 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase it connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Work Of Artifice;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.