This is an analysis of the poem Barbie Doll that begins with:
This girlchild was born as usual
and presented dolls that did pee-pee...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabcdb eXcfb acXeebX aXbXdef
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,5,7,7,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 010111100 101011011 110111110 111101001010 1001001000111 110111111 1110100100 011111 010100111000100 1101101010 1011011111 1101011 01001110 10110111 001011 1011 111101101 11001 00100111011 001000010101 011101 1001111 1011101011 101011 01001001010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 212
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The author used the same word she at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word legs at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Barbie Doll;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.