This is an analysis of the poem The Rising Of The Moon that begins with:
THE Day brims high its ewer
Of blue with starry light,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababbXcXccdedeefgfgg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 20,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0111010 010101 1111110 011111 010111 1101110 010101 1111110 010111 0100111 0111110 010101 0111010 010101 0101001 0111110 110101 0111010 110101 100101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 580
- Average number of words per stanza: 109
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word of is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Rising Of The Moon;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.