This is an analysis of the poem Achievement that begins with:
He held himself splendidly forward
Both early and late;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXbaaab cacadddX Xeaefffe adXdaaad
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110110010 11011 010010110 01001 1111111110 11110011110 111011110 11001 111010010 01101 010011010 11011 111111011 110111111 0010111111 1010010 110010110 01101 011010110 01101 1101100110 010110110 1110011110 11001 110111110 11001 111110010 11001 110010010 011011010 011011010 10101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 260
- Average number of words per stanza: 50
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; he, and, let, us, him are repeated.
The author used the same word then at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines him is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Achievement;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.