This is an analysis of the poem Le Québec that begins with:
Le Couchant luit là-bas comme un vaste incendie ;
Le soleil sur les flots sème un rayon mourant ;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX aXaaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01011111110 001111111010 1101011011 1101001110 010111110110 010111110110 111111001 11011111 1111110111 1101111111 111011111110 1011111010 10110101110 1110111110 1111101010 10111011111 11010101111 110100101110 111010111 110101101 111111010 11111011100 11011011110 1101111010 011011011010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 231
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Le Québec;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.