This is an analysis of the poem La Louisianaise that begins with:
Je sais une rive sereine
Qui, sur un frais lit de roseaux,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXaaXXX XXXXbbXXX cXcXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,9,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111110 11111010 1011011 1111110 101101 10101010 0111100 110100 110100 111111 11000100 110110 111101 11101101 1001101 11111100 1011 111010 1111101 11111110 1111001 1011111110 111100 1110111 1110100 101 111101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 257
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 27
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of La Louisianaise;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.