This is an analysis of the poem Waterfall At Lu-Shan that begins with:
Sunlight streams on the river stones.
From high above, the river steadily plunges--...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aa XX XX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,2,2,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110101 010101010010 1101010010 0101101010 111 110
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 66
- Average number of words per stanza: 10
- Amount of lines: 6
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Waterfall At Lu-Shan;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Li Po
- Analysis of Gazing At The Cascade On Lu Mountain
- Analysis of Nefarious War
- Analysis of On Dragon Hill