This is an analysis of the poem Nefarious War that begins with:
Last year we fought by the head-stream of the Sang-kan,
This year we are fighting on the Tsung-ho road....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXcXb defffeX XaffcdXff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,7,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111110110011 01111010111 11111000100111 11100110111101 0111111101001 111011111 001001110110 101011101011 10111 10110010101010 10010011101010 01010111011 101101 0010111011011 01000101001001010 11011111010 10010111101010011 1111011100101 10100101010 1010011111 01101100110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 260
- Average number of words per stanza: 48
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 49 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; we, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word we is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Nefarious War;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Li Po
- Analysis of On Dragon Hill
- Analysis of Taking Leave Of A Friend
- Analysis of Visiting A Taoist On Tiatien Mountain