This is an analysis of the poem On Dragon Hill that begins with:
Drunk on Dragon Hill tonight,
the banished immortal, Great White,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aa Xb ba XX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,2,2,2,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110101 01001011 1011010 011 101101101 1110010011 111 110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 54
- Average number of words per stanza: 9
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On Dragon Hill;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Li Po
- Analysis of Taking Leave Of A Friend
- Analysis of Visiting A Taoist On Tiatien Mountain
- Analysis of Farewell To Meng Hao-Jan