This is an analysis of the poem Under The Moon that begins with:
Under the crescent moon's faint glow
The washerman's bat resounds afar,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXbaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 10010111 010011001 101011100 1111100101 011010101 10110101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 222
- Average number of words per stanza: 40
- Amount of lines: 6
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Under The Moon;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Li Po
- Analysis of To His Two Children
- Analysis of Mountain Drinking Song
- Analysis of Marble Stairs Grievance