This is an analysis of the poem Mountain Drinking Song that begins with:
To drown the ancient sorrows,
we drank a hundred jugs of wine...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabb XaXa XX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,2,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101010 11010101 1001001 11010100111 0100011011 1111101010 011010 10101010 111 110
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 100
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Mountain Drinking Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Li Po
- Analysis of Marble Stairs Grievance
- Analysis of Self-Abandonment
- Analysis of Three—with The Moon And His Shadow