This is an analysis of the poem Marble Stairs Grievance that begins with:
On Marble Stairs
still grows the white dew...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXa XbaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101 11011 1111 10110 1111 01011 1111 01010
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 85
- Average number of words per stanza: 16
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 20 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Marble Stairs Grievance;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Li Po
- Analysis of Self-Abandonment
- Analysis of Three—with The Moon And His Shadow
- Analysis of Farewell To Secretary Shu-Yun At The Hsieh Tiao Villa In Hsuan-Chou