This is an analysis of the poem To Wang Lun that begins with:
I was about to sail away in a junk,
When suddenly I heard...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 11010101001 110011 01010110101 011111101111 011010010101 101001111 00101111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 278
- Average number of words per stanza: 57
- Amount of lines: 7
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To Wang Lun;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Li Po
- Analysis of Ballads Of Four Seasons: Summer
- Analysis of The Cold Clear Spring At Nanyang
- Analysis of Ziyi Song