This is an analysis of the poem Ballads Of Four Seasons: Summer that begins with:
On Mirror Lake outspread for miles and miles,
The lotus lilies in full blossom teem. ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 110110110110 0101001101 0111110001 1010001011 0111011010 0101011001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 261
- Average number of words per stanza: 44
- Amount of lines: 6
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ballads Of Four Seasons: Summer;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Li Po
- Analysis of The Cold Clear Spring At Nanyang
- Analysis of Ziyi Song
- Analysis of The River-Merchant's Wife