This is an analysis of the poem Ziyi Song that begins with:
Chang-an -- one slip of moon;
in ten thousand houses, the sound of fulling mallets....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101 0110100101010 1011110 11111011 1011100100 11011100101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 240
- Average number of words per stanza: 45
- Amount of lines: 6
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ziyi Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Li Po
- Analysis of The River-Merchant's Wife
- Analysis of Spring Night In Lo-Yang Hearing A Flute
- Analysis of Ballads Of Four Seasons: Spring