This is an analysis of the poem You Haven'T Answered My Question that begins with:
Am I a racist?
Do I have the ability to hire, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXb XXaX X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010 11100100010 101011011011 00010001101010 1 1 011 1111010110 11010110
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 79
- Average number of words per stanza: 15
- Amount of lines: 9
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of You Haven'T Answered My Question;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of A Teaching Of The Facts Can Relax
- Analysis of From What I'Ve Been Told
- Analysis of Temporary Setbacks