This is an analysis of the poem Temporary Setbacks that begins with:
Those who do not share their ills,
Or bills they pay to survive their lives......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXXbXbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111111 111100111 10101011100 101111000 1001011001 110111010111 1110110101011 111110001101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 347
- Average number of words per stanza: 61
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Temporary Setbacks;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Depictive Passages
- Analysis of You Were The Topic Of Our Conversations
- Analysis of Questioning The Obvious