This is an analysis of the poem When Left Simple And Direct that begins with:
When left simple,
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXbXa cbbXXaa cXbddXc cX b XXX dX XX Xa X a X bX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,7,7,2,1,3,2,2,2,1,1,1,2,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110 101 001010 0001100101 01010001 10101010 110100101 0010101 01000110 0010001110101 1101010010100 110011011011 001010100 001001001 1110 01111001001 011010101 010101001111 01110100 1111000010101 11110001 10010010 11 1 1101101 010011100 1111111 0111010 1 11101011 111 111001 1101 0101 10100 11010101 0101111
- Amount of stanzas: 13
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 82
- Average number of words per stanza: 15
- Amount of lines: 37
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; it, to, one are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word an is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of When Left Simple And Direct;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Left To Live High And Mighty
- Analysis of Say To Me From Your Heart What Is Meant
- Analysis of The Ones Read