This is an analysis of the poem Left To Live High And Mighty that begins with:
They do not wish to see,
Their entitlements decreased....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcab bXXcccXcX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic tetrameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 111101 1010001 11110101101 1101 001001001001 11 1110111011 110100010 1110100 1010101011 1001000110110 001101001010 1011110110110 1101000
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 250
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Left To Live High And Mighty;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Say To Me From Your Heart What Is Meant
- Analysis of The Ones Read
- Analysis of Participating In The Midst