This is an analysis of the poem Until That Momentum Slows that begins with:
It's difficult to drop to stop,
What's out of control....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABBAC dXefd Xgf ABBAC HFHGHFF HFHGHFFcFcC FFcC eFeFIFEXeFeFIFEe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,3,5,7,11,4,16,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01000101 11001 10111 0111001 1111 1101 10101001 001011011101 00111010 11101 110101010101 1 100110010111 01000101 11001 10111 0111001 1111 001 010010 001 01001 001 001110 0110101 001 010010 001 01001 001 001110 0110101 1 1000100100111 1 101011110101 0110101 1000100100111 1 101011110101 1 010101 101 010101 101 010101 1011101 1 010101 101 010101 101 010101 1011101 1
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 142
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 55
- Average number of symbols per line: 22 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
The author used the same words it, pray at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word load at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Until That Momentum Slows;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of 28 Days
- Analysis of Stop Crawling To The Middle Of It
- Analysis of Regardless Of The Obstacles To Overcome