This is an analysis of the poem Stop Crawling To The Middle Of It that begins with:
Stop crawling to the middle of it.
To prove to anyone you are confident....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AaBbc AXBb XdXdXXaa Bcbb AAAb AAAaBdBbB BABAE BABAEXBEBEAABb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,4,8,4,4,9,5,14,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110001000 01010011100 1011 00101110 11010 110001000 010010110010 1011 11100111001 1011100010 101001 1101101110 01110111 1101110 100101010001 11010111 001011 1011 00111001101 1011 0101001101 110001000 110001000 110001000 001001011101 110001000 110001000 110001000 01010011101 11011 011110111 11011 01111111 11011 11011 110001000 11011 10111000100 1011100011 11011 110001000 11011 10111000100 1011100011 11011 1011100011 11011 1011100011 110001000 10111000100 1011 011101
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 193
- Average number of words per stanza: 38
- Amount of lines: 52
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, be, stop, crawling, middle, of, it, that, you are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words stop, don't are repeated.
The author used the same words stop, don't at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines it, dude are repeated).
The poet repeated the same word quick at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Stop Crawling To The Middle Of It;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Regardless Of The Obstacles To Overcome
- Analysis of Romanticing Panic
- Analysis of Hollow Flattery