This is an analysis of the poem To Teach With Its Own Direct Lessons that begins with:
As long as people have been enforced to perceive,
That the truth as they know it to be......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXaXbbXbX cdbbXdbbcb cDCEACDCCCCCDCEACDCCCCCCCCX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,10,27,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101001001 101111000 00111000 111101010 1101 001000001 010011000001 01001 011010110001 1110010100010100 01101001101 101101011010 001101001101 1100100101 001001001101 1010010110 110101001 1001010001 101110110 0100111010101 111110 10100101001001 110 111 1011101011 110 10100101001001 110 10 10 10 111110 10100101001001 110 111 1011101011 110 10100101001001 110 10 10 10 111110 10 10 10 11011
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 484
- Average number of words per stanza: 89
- Amount of lines: 47
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; as, to, with, and, keep, it are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, to, keep are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines it is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To Teach With Its Own Direct Lessons;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.