This is an analysis of the poem Dear Lance that begins with:
What enhanced designer drug, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aBCXXdaX XXeAX aBCeAXXacd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,5,10,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 1010101 1111 1101100 0010010101 101101 1101 11101 11110 0111010001 110011 111 1101011 1 1010101 1111 110011 111 110101 11 101111 11001001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 125
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 22 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Dear Lance;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.