This is an analysis of the poem That Which God Has Given that begins with:
I am not living my life to run away from fear!
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXaXbaXX XXXbccb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,7,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 1111011010101 1 111011011 1100010 1 111101 00111 11001 11110101 101001 111110 111010101 1111010 0010 01101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 175
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 22 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of That Which God Has Given;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.