This is an analysis of the poem Foreclosed Dreams that begins with:
People chased money.
And relocated their lives......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xaaabc XaXbadcefaa bbdafgXgXae
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,11,11,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10110 1010011 00101 10101001010 1111 110011 111111 010001 001001001 100011100 011 01000100 00111010 11011 110101010 0011111 1010 1110101 111 001010101010 01010001010 10101 101101001 1111010 0010101 1011 1010101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 195
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 27
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, as are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Foreclosed Dreams;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Sent The Same Gift
- Analysis of Now That It Is Shown
- Analysis of Keep Yourself Accessible