This is an analysis of the poem Something That Is Offered And Exchanged that begins with:
The best possible way to remain 'involved...
To have a clear and open dialogue wished, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXbXXaX XcXbbb bcXXXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011001001100 01011101011 01101001 010101101000 11110010 0111 1110100 1011010 01110001010 11101 011010110 0101001010100 01001110010 01001011010 001101101 1 011011 001101111 0111100 1010101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 225
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Something That Is Offered And Exchanged;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Only To Reveal The Real Deal
- Analysis of Something To Say To Get Out
- Analysis of If Only They Could Market Their Gossip