This is an analysis of the poem If Only They Could Market Their Gossip that begins with:
People who can't seem to mind their own business,
Seem to have time to spend....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXXXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10111011110 101101 100010010 10101011 10101101111 0101110110 1101101010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 262
- Average number of words per stanza: 49
- Amount of lines: 7
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of If Only They Could Market Their Gossip;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of To The Accusers
- Analysis of On 'One' Memorial Day
- Analysis of A Place To Stay In Your Head