This is an analysis of the poem Opened Eyes Reveal that begins with:
Opened eyes see clearly to reveal,
All there is for one to know....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXababb cXXcXbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic trimeter or irregular meter
- Metre: 101110001 1101101 11001 1101001010 001101 001101 01010 11 01001001 100011101 1 011 00101010 100111010100010
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 182
- Average number of words per stanza: 32
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Opened Eyes Reveal;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of To Lose A Battle Against Truth
- Analysis of I Thank You For Your Assistance
- Analysis of Unsuited