This is an analysis of the poem I Thank You For Your Assistance that begins with:
You made choices in your life.
With accusations made to others, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABXCBCDX Xef XcX XbfXcd d ABXCBCDX gdeXg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,3,3,6,1,8,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110011 010101010 1101111000 10110101 101111001 11 1010101 010100101 1 11110110011 111001111101001 1 10100101101 111100 101100 11110101 1101111101 1101111100 01 0011110101 00111 1110011 010101010 1101111000 10110101 101111001 11 1010101 010100101 011010110 101011 1111001111 11111010
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 128
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 33
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of I Thank You For Your Assistance;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Unsuited
- Analysis of That Journey Isn'T A Group Effort
- Analysis of A Manipulative Production