This is an analysis of the poem To Lose A Battle Against Truth that begins with:
It must be frightening!
Traumatic and breath taking...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabc cddcX XXcb bXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,5,4,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010100 0101110 01010 011101 1110111 0101010 001001 1010101 101010 1001111 10101010 101 00100001100 1101010010 111011010001010 01011011000010101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 124
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
The author used the same word and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of To Lose A Battle Against Truth;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of I Thank You For Your Assistance
- Analysis of Unsuited
- Analysis of That Journey Isn'T A Group Effort