This is an analysis of the poem Hobnobbers that begins with:
Is never thought as a sacrifice......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbXXXbbcXc Xcabcdede
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010 010110101 111110 1010011 10101101 10100010 100101010 1101 11111000 1111 1101010100 11001 1110110100 00010001 110101 10010 101001 010000111 1110101 00100101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 272
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Hobnobbers;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.